Or possibly not. Last week I received a Licetec V-Comb to trial. The V-Comb is a revolutionary device that incorporates combing and vacuuming to eliminate head lice and eggs. I had a little go on Miss P’s hair and while I still pray that she never has a case of head lice, this device would certainly come in handy if she did.
It's also super simple to use, another bonus for me. If a product that I’m looking to purchase has a manual the size of a text book – I usually leave it be. The V-Comb comes with easy-to-follow instructions and can be assembled within mere seconds. Plug it in and you’re set to go. You first need to brush out any knots, separate hair into sections and secure with clips. Starting from the nape of the neck and working up, comb the device through each section of hair several times each. The lice and eggs are vacuumed as you comb and collected into a disposable filter. There is an LED that lights up the filter unit so that you can see what has been captured. The results are immediately visible for you so you know straight away whether the treatment is working. Once finished, remove the filter and place the lid on it before disposing. The V-Comb can then be easily cleaned (a cleaning brush is included) and used to treat other family members if necessary. If used weekly to rid any new lice or eggs that may have been picked up from school, parents will never have to deal with a full infestation again.
Head lice do not discriminate, they like clean or dirty hair and can be spread easily through normal contact. To help reduce the risk of your child getting head lice it’s a good idea to make sure their hair is always tied back. I’d also highly recommend investing in a Licetec V-Comb to have on hand just in case.
The V-Comb can be purchased from Priceline, Amcal and local pharmacies nationally for $59.99. Four disposable filters are included with each device making the first four treatments just $15 each. With the purchase of replacement filters (8 pack - $11.49), additional treatments are $1.50 each making the V-Comb one of the most cost effective treatments available for families.
For more information visit http://www.licetec.com.au/ and be sure to follow Licetec on Facebook to stay up to date with their latest news and announcements.
Thanks to Licetec, I have a V-Comb to giveaway to one lucky reader. To enter, in the comments below, tell me how the Licetec V-Comb would make your life easier in 25 words or less.
Terms & Conditions
1. Entry is open to Australian residents only who are aged 18 years and over. By participating in this promotion each entrant unconditionally agrees to abide by these official rules.
2. Entries open at 12:01am EST on 30/5/2016 and close at 11:59pm EST on 17/6/2016.
3. This competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners.
4. Entry to the competition is free.
5. To enter this competition, entrants must answer, in 25 words or less, the competition question 'How would the Licetec V-Comb make your life easier'.
6. One winner will be selected and will receive a Licetec V-Comb valued at $59.99.
7. Entrants may only enter the promotion in their own name. Entries via third parties will not be accepted.
8. Entries will be judged on creative merit. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. The winner will be drawn within 48hrs of the closing date and contacted via the email provided upon entry. The winner will have 48hrs to respond or a new winner will be drawn. Please allow up to 6 weeks for prize delivery.