The organisation is called Mummy's Wish and they offer support to mum's in QLD & Sydney who have cancer and are currently pregnant or have young children. As they are based in Queensland it's a little difficult for me to send prizes that far so I listed a camera I had won last year on Ebay and used the proceeds to make my contribution.
There are several ways of making a contribution on the Mummy's Wish website. You can make a cash donation, host a fundraiser and donate the proceeds, volunteer, purchase a pair of 'Mummy's Wish Dandelion Earrings' or a ticket to their upcoming charity ball or purchase a Comfort Bear. I loved the idea of the Comfort Bears. They have a voice recorder that you can record a 10 second message on. Mums undergoing treatment will record a special message for their child to ease their anxiety of being separated from her while she is in hospital. Luckily the sale of my camera raised enough funds for me to purchase a Comfort Bear. The great thing about purchasing a Comfort Bear is that when you purchase one for a family in need you also receive a bear for yourself. So I have a Brown Patch Bear to giveaway!
For your chance to win this adorable teddy bear, please complete the following:
1. Like Diary of a Comp Queen & Mummy's Wish on Facebook. (Please make sure that your privacy settings allow me to see that you have liked both pages for your entry to be valid).
2. Tell me in 25 words or less what your child's favourite comfort toy is and why.
Terms & Conditions
1. Entry is open to Australian residents only.
2. This is a game of skill. The winner will be selected based on originality and creative merit. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. One winner will be selected and will receive a voice recordable Brown Patch Bear valued at $20.
4. Entries open on 12/2/2014 and close at 11:59pm on 28/2/2014. The winner will contacted via email and has 7 days to respond or a new winner will be drawn. Winner will be announced on www.compqueen.com.au once the prize has been claimed.
Congratulations to our winner: Crystal M